Who killed led Cock Robin?

Who killed Cock Robin?
誰殺了知更鳥?

I, said the Sparrow,
是我,麻雀說,

With my bow and arrow,
用我的弓和箭,

I killed Cock Robin.
我殺了知更鳥。


Who saw him die?
誰看到他死?

I, said the Fly.
是我,蒼蠅說,

With my little eye,
用我的小眼睛,

I saw him die.
我看到他死。


Who caught his blood?
誰取走他的血?

I, said the Fish,
是我,魚說,

With my little dish,
用我的小碟子,

I caught his blood.
我取走他的血。


Who'll make his shroud?
誰來做壽衣?

I , said the Beetle,
是我,甲蟲說,

With my thread and needle,
用我的針和線,

I'll make the shroud.
我將為他做壽衣。


Who'll dig his grave?
誰來挖墳墓?

I, said the Owl,
是我,貓頭鷹說,

With my pick and shovel,
用我的鑿子和鏟子,

I'll dig his grave.
我將為他挖墳墓。


Who'll be the person?
誰來當牧師?

I, said the Rook,
是我,烏鴉說,

With my little book,
用我的小本子,

I'll be the person.
我將為他當牧師。


Who'll be the clerk?
誰來當執事?

I, said the Lark,
是我,雲雀說,

If it's not in the dark,
如果不是在暗處,

I'll be the clerk.
我將當執事。


Who'll carry the link?
誰拿火炬來?

I, said the Linnet,
是我,紅雀說,

I'll fetch it in a minute,
我將拿它片刻。

I'll carry the link.
我將拿火炬來。


Who'll be chief mourner?
誰來當主祭?

I, said the Dove,
是我,鴿子說,

I mourn for my love,
為吾愛哀悼,

I'll be chief mourner.
我將當主祭。


Who'll carry the coffin?
誰來抬棺?

I, said the Kite,
是我,鳶說,

If it's not through the night,
若不經過夜晚,

I'll carry the coffin.
我將抬棺。


Who'll bear the pall?
誰來扶棺?

We, said the Wren,
是我們,鷦鷯說,

Both the cock and the hen,
還有公雞和母雞,

We'll bear the pall.
我們將扶棺。


Who'll sing a psalm?
誰來唱讚美詩?

I, said the Thrush,
是我,畫眉說,

As she sat on a bush,
當他埋入灌木叢中,

I'll sing a psalm.
我將唱讚美詩。


Who'll toll the bell?
誰來敲喪鐘?

I, said the Bull,Because I can pull,
是我,牛說,因為我可以拉鐘。


So Cock Robin, farewell.
所以,再會了,知更鳥。

All the birds of the air Fell a-sighing and a-sobbing,
空中所有的鳥 都悲嘆哭泣,

When they heard the bell toll For poor Cock Robin.
當喪鐘 為那可憐的知更鳥響起。


NOTICE
啟事

To all it concerns,This notice apprises,
關係人請注意,下回小鳥審判,

The Sparrow's for trial, At next bird assizes.
受審者為麻雀。



此首「誰殺了知更鳥」也有人翻做「知更鳥之死」,是鵝媽媽童謠中相當著名的一首,國外的鵝媽媽童謠集一般皆會收錄,但來到國內,國內出版的鵝媽媽童謠集幾乎不會收錄這首「Who killed led Cock Robin?」。此首歌旋律輕快且優美,也是許多英國小孩朗朗上口的一首童謠。

「Who killed led Cock Robin?」內容描述知更鳥(Cock Robin)原本被天上所有的鳥兒喜愛,最後卻在小鳥審判(bird assizes)中死亡的故事。看似荒誕的童話故事,尤
其是最後”下回的受審者”竟然是童謠一開始殺了知更鳥的麻雀,殺人者亦會受到審判,使得這首童謠更添加了因果循環的深層含意。

也有不少的推理小說或推理漫畫喜歡引用這首「Who killed led Cock Robin?」,如S.S.范達因在1928年出版的著名推理小說“The Bishop Murder Case”(中譯為主教殺人事件)中即引用了這首與其餘兩首鵝媽媽童謠。

lokpoyee 發表在 痞客邦 PIXNET 留言(0) 人氣()